Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Surprise Hippo-Ray!

This silly card was made for a couple of Hero Arts challenges. One was to decorate the inside of the card and the other was to use the masking technique. I even used their Friday inspiration for the colors I used on this card!

For the "window" and the scalloped circle I used Nestibilities Dies in my Cuttlebug. The Hero Arts stamps are CG211, F5306 and CG157.

To view a Hero Arts video on masking, click here. For my masking, I stamped the Hippo on a piece of typing paper and cut it out. Then I stamped him on the inside of the card. Next, I applied the cutout version ("the mask") on top of him using removable adhesive. I then stamped the cupcake stamp (which actually has a heart on top) over the image, placing it carefully. I removed the mask and colored it all with Copic pens.

It sounds a little confusing, but really isn't. You just have to think in layers!

The sentiments were generated on my computer and the ribbon, button and baker's twine are from my extensive stash.

I love the way it looks like the Hippo is standing on a grassy knoll until you open the card and see the cupcake surprise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...