Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Give Piece a Chance - Moxie Fab

My friend Antoinette has shown me that there is a little Zen to cutting, so I am now willing to get out my scissors and use the paper piecing technique once in awhile. Paper piecing is where you stamp your image onto your card and onto another piece of paper (patterned paper, a different colored paper, or paper that you have stamped with a background stamp). You cut the second image (or portion of the image) out and glue it to the first image. This allows your images to pop with lots of print, colors and textures.

For this card, after stamping the background pattern (Hero Arts CG267), I stamped the cake (Hero Arts K5315). Then I stamped portions of the cake onto four different patterns, cut out each piece and applied it to the original image. I (of course!) added some sparkle, a button and some twine.

I was inspired by Cath over at Moxie Fab World who has created a paper piecing challenge for her "Stamp It! Techniques". Check it out and play along!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...