Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hap-Bee Day!

Here is another one of what I call my "surprise inside" cards - remember the hippo? I made this for someone very special.

This type of card requires some pre-planning because you usually want the peeking hole to be in the middle of the card front and you need the main image to be in the correct location to peek through without giving away the "surprise".

I first cut the hole (with Nestibilities die in the Cuttlebug) and lightly outline the hole with pencil onto the inside of the card to help with the image placement. The pencil can be erased after stamping.

Sometimes it takes some adjustment of the images, so you may want to stamp on scrap paper first. I did some masking to get the Bee in the correct location on the big cupcake, which is a perfect "stage" for this technique.

All stamps except for the Queenie (Stampendous) are Hero Arts. I used individual letter samps to create the unique wording for this card.

The label is cut in the Cuttlebug with Spellbinders Shapeabilities and the images are colored with Copic pens. The cupcake paper is paper pieced (from yesterday's blog) and I added some Stickles and gems to the Bee; after all, she is the Queen!

Hope this brought a smile, not a sting! Have a Bee-utiful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...