Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Morning Hi!

Or, Hydrangea! This lovely flower was stamped on white paper for me by my friend and teacher Julie. She used a new stamp by Stampendous - it is a big one, this card is 5.25" x 7.25".

I colored it with Copic pens using the "scribble" technique. It is easy and fun. Just take three shades of one color - light, darker and darkest. Actually scribble the image with the lightest color. Then add highlights with the darker and darkest colors, thinking about where shading would be. Don't worry about being too careful - it will look great, I promise! Finally, scribble over the entire image again with the lightest shade of color and cut out the image. Amazing, eh?

I placed the flower onto some perfect designer paper, added a Hero Arts sentiment and a little bling and ended up with an eye-popping card that looks like it took hours to complete. Our little secret.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...