Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pretend it's tomorrow and enjoy some green!

This is tomorrow's post because I need to leave the house very early in the morning (and NOT to start celebrating St. Patrick's Day, btw). I actually forgot to take a picture of my cute Leprechaun card, so this is as Irish-looking as I could come up with tonight; sorry! Anyway, only my name is Irish - I am not.

This is one of the cards I did using Hero Arts "Layering Technique". Shari makes it look so easy on her video, but I have struggled with it.

By the way, one of my pals didn't understand that when a word in my blog is dark (like the "her video" in the above paragraph), it means that it links you directly to the site that I am referencing. The link is embedded in the sentence, rather than written out as a http address. So, just click on it and you will get there. Easy (for you, not so much for me)! Got it, Jill?

The first layer is Hero Arts birthday definition from the Dictionary Greet set (CL479), which is heat embossed on water color paper. There is a layer done with just an acrylic block and distress inks. Then a layer stamped with the Italian Poetry background stamp (S1832) and finally finished with the fern (K5314).

I must say that as good as the Hero Arts video is, I had some trouble with this technique - I had lots of rejects. But, I am getting the hang of it and will share some other samples with you. In the meantime, watch the video and give it a shot.

Enjoy today - stay out of trouble and don't drink too much green beer! Thanks for looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...