Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birdie Bingo

Good morning, everyone! I went outside my comfort zone with this card today. It is one of those cards where I worked on it a little, put it away for a couple of days, thought about it lots, pulled it out again, etc. Crazy!

I have been wanting to use this "Timely Bird" stamp by Hero Arts (CG292) with water color and with this month's blog contest, the time was right. I stamped the image with Memento Ink on watercolor paper and used watercolor pencils and Distress Inks. Don't know if you can see it in the photo, but the birdie is cut out and added with dimensionals for some pop.

My embossing folders have also been neglected lately, so I wanted to use one - this Bingo Card is from Tim Holtz by Sizzix on white core paper which I sanded to bring out the details. Fun!

Finally, my good crafting pal Julie Kelly introduced me to a new Cosmo Cricket product called Glubers. They are huge glue dots for making flowers from ribbon and fabric strips. Now, I have seen some glorious 3-D flowers on cards; but, seriously?! I want to mail my cards! So, I kept this fairly flat, rolling and attaching vintage ribbon in a circle onto the Gluber around a Webster Pages Sparkler Button. Here is a video, if you are interested. I will also enter this into the May Arts Ribbon Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards.

I added some vintage music & an old ticket (love those garage sales!) and some coffee brown bling. The background stamp is Hero Arts CG119.

Have a great day - the heat has finally hit here (all at once!). Thanks for looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...