Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last of the Grads

Good morning everyone! Happy Summer for real. I was shocked because I went into my local Michael's store on the first day of summer and saw that they had some Halloween stuff out! Seriously! Too much. Couldn't we at leaset get through the 4th of July?

You may remember that I mad this Graduation card for our dear Emily who graduated from law school. We have had a couple other graduations worth celebrating.

This card is for a special guy and I wanted it to be very masculine, yet cute. For the great notebook texture I used another Tim Holtz embossing folder by Sizzix in my Cuttlebug. The paper has a white core and I sanded it to bring out the design. The key is by K&Company and the Hero Arts smart bird is watercolored on kraft paper. I finished it all off with some matching ribbon from my stash. Perfect for a wonderful guy. Congrats, Dominic!

This next card was lots of fun to design and make for our dear Melli. We have known her for her entire life and are so proud of her.

Her school colors are black and orange. I wish I could have photographed this card better, but it was difficult. It is a tri-fold card and the front is a circle. There is a sentiment and a gift card holder inside - a bit of a challenge to put together. I even made a matching envelope.

And what else does a new grad need? Thank you notes! So, I made a set of 20 matching notes and embellished this adorable mini-lunch box to hold them. Because I made so many of the notes, I kept the design fairly simple, using Hero Arts little graduation owl again. I added some ribbon and gave each a little flower. Lots of love to you, Mellisa!
Have a great weekend - enjoy the summer. We have a wonderful weekend plans starting with music in the park tonight. Perfect summer fun. Thanks for looking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...