Sunday, July 24, 2011

Accessorize For Summer!

I have to say that I am so glad that Cath extended this week's Moxie Fab World  Tuesday Trigger for an extra week. When I first saw it, my initial reactions was "Ewwwww!!" I can't say that I hate any color, but bright yellow is probably my very least favorite. However, I continued to think about it all week and had an idea that I wanted to try. By the time I talked myself into it the week had passed.

When I saw that the Trigger was extended, I decided to play along. I actually had to go and buy some yellow card stock because I didn't have any. I also had to use my yellow Sharpie pen to color up some embellishments.....but it was such fun.

What goes with a "Perty and Flirty" trench coat? Why, a well-traveled bag, of course! This is actually a little treat bag, good for a party favor or a little gift. The second photo shows the side view and the bag for holding all the treats.

You can tell I really had fun with this! I first made one with the postmarks stamped in black ink, but with that bright yellow the contrast was just too severe. For this one I used Memento's London Fog ink, a color I really love. I added the pink rose bouquet to pick up on the floral background in the photo.

Rather than include all the supplies in this narration, I am going to list everything:

Spellbinders Nestibilities "Wonky Rectangles" die, ek sucess  square punch for the handle, Memory Box "Classic Tags" die, Hero Arts "Take a Trip" CG358 stamp set, Martha Stewart branch punch, Die-Namics "mini rolled roses" die, Papertrey Ink felt, Tea Dye Distress Ink and ribbon, embroidery floss & vintage buttons from my stash.

Now I seriously want to "step out" with the gal who is all dolled up with this great fashion statement! Maybe I should go shopping for some yellow for me to wear?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...