Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let's cut through the red tape!

Hi, all! I am sharing with you today a card that was inspired by the Lucy's Lovely Lines Challenge at Lily Pad Cards. Here is the sketch: 
Is this cool, or what? Well, it just so happened that this weekend, while shopping in a neat Japanese store with some friends, I found some washi tape! My crafting pal Lisa Spangler has talked about this stuff FOREVER and I never knew where to find it. So, I had to use it on this card.
I got so excited that I even used it on the envelope. I could seriously get used to this cool stuff. It wasn't cheap, so I only bought one pack of two rolls, but it is such fun to use. I watercolored the paper lantern images to make them look more like colored tissue paper. The stamp set is Hero Arts CL373 and the sentiment is from CL515. I resisted the urge to reach for my "go-to" product, baker's twine and instead reached for some yellow raffia that was on my desk from a previous project. I love it! It was easy to knot and I think it looks really festive. Looks like a party waiting to happen, eh?

Thanks for looking!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...