Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sending Love to Japan

I have been thinking about Japan. Immediately after the terrible disaster we had so much news - sometimes too much - about it all, but now it is difficult to hear anything about the recovery efforts. I just can't even begin to get my arms around what it must be like there - so much grief, personal loss and economic destruction. My thoughts and prayers are with them every day.

A current challenge over at Lily Pad Cards is about making a patriotic card with a twist. So, I decided to make a card for Japan. It was a healing exercise for me. The stamps are Hero Arts CL476 and CL373. I used paper piecing, Stickles, a circle cutter, a die and that's a bamboo hors d'ourve skewer! Simple and sweet.

Now we have to send our best thoughts and prayers to Norway - what is this world coming to? Have a good weekend - I'll be back next week, God willing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...