Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 4

Since it is the last week of Summer Camp, don't you think we should get S'mores? Come on! If not, I might just short sheet your bed.

Well, yes, it is the final week of my online Summer Card Camp - thank you, Jennifer and Kristina! It has been so amazing. This week's color combo is dear to my heart - ocean colors! You all know that I am a true mermaid gal, so I am in my wet glory.

In addition to the colors, Jennifer provided us with a video just bursting with ideas and techniques. I have incorporated a couple of them here, the acetate window and the letterpress techniques. Jennifer made this look so easy, but I had some troubles! After all, she is the brilliant professional.

It was difficult to photograph, but there is a strip of clear acetate (a Hero Arts clear acetate card) on the front of the card. It is stamped with Hero Arts "Magical Background" stamp (which I think looks like waves) using Stazon Ink. Doesn't it look like the turtle and the mermaid are floating in the water? For the letterpress effect I used Royal Blue Colorbox Ink in the Cuttlebug embossing folder with the wave design. It all makes a big splash!
.
The turtle is Hero Arts E996, the mermaid (don't you love her tan?) is A Muse 1-6134D and the shell is Crafty Secrets SL26 - all colored with Copic pens and highlighted with Stickles. The funny sentiment is from Memory Box, embossed in white. The seaweed is from a sweet Die-namics die and it is inked with Distress Inks. The tag is from Spellbinders "Ribbon Tag Trio", the pearls are from my stash, and the ribbon is a gift from my sweet crafty and Hero Arts flickr group pal, Barb!

Wow! What a line-up, eh? Maybe we should call this card the manufacturer's buffet, since so many different ones have been served up!

Summer Card Camp has been a truly great getaway - lots of fun and inspiration. Thanks again to everyone who taught us and for all the crafty pals who played along. Is that "Kumbya" I hear in the background?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...