Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Sailor's Delight!

Today I thought that I would change things up a bit and share with you something that I put together that isn't a card. We are preparing for an upcoming  mermaid-themed event here, so I wanted to make something out of this beautiful greeting card that my Aunt sent to me. Love it!

I bought a metal hanging sign on clearance at Michael's and spray painted it gold. Then I got busy with my Mood Podge and glue gun! Lots of my oceanic treasures went into this collection.  That sea horse is particularly cool - it is a handmade broach that I found at a garage sale for $1.00!

I have this hanging on a cabinet knob in our entryway. She will greet all the visitors! Can't you just smell the sea air? Jump in!

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...