Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thanks, Shelia!

My new blogging buddy Sheila (here is her great blog, "Color Me Happy") sent me an adorable blingy card and some delightful stamped images. I was going to hold off coloring them, but they kept calling my name.......so I gave in and colored up this one (sorry, I don't know the source). As I told Sheila, I am very much NOT a fall person - I wish summer lasted all year long (good thing I live in California, eh?), but I love the fall images she shared with me.

Did I have fun with this! After coloring it with my Copic pens, I used some Yasutomo Niji Pearlescent Watercolors that I have had forever and never used (I admit, I tend to hoard supplies!). I used it for some subtle shimmery highlights. I also wanted to add some dimension to the image, but since I didn't own the stamp I couldn't stamp a second butterfly for a raised layer. I got the idea of cutting around the butterfly with my Exacto knife and raising/folding the wings upward a bit. I like the look and it will be much cheaper to mail without the additional layer.

The little label is a Memory Box die stamped with Hero Arts Classic Messages, CL414 and attached with some twine.  Thanks a bunch, Sheila! I am so delighted with this card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...