Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tripple T - Tuesday Trigger Time!

I don't usually post on Saturdays, but I am finally feeling like I can take on a challenge and this one struck a real chord with me. Dear Cath over at Moxie Fab World set up this Tuesday Trigger called Autumn Woods. You have until Sunday night, if you'd like to play along.

This colorful wood reminds me of my Dad, who just happens to have a November birthday. In his younger and healthier days (he is 86 years old) he could make, build, fix, and/or remodel anything. He bought old, crumby houses in good neighborhoods and we would move in and fix them up, turn them into showpieces and then sell them and move to the next one. Simply amazing for a guy who was a mortician by day.

I am convinced that all the years working on projects alongside my Dad when I was a kid inspired me to go into the field of architecture.

For this card I used the Hero Arts "Designer Woodgrain" stamp (S5208) for my background strips. I embossed them with white and colored them with Distress Inks. Don't they look like pieces of wood? I completed the card with some rusty washers (I raided my toolbox!), big silver-toned brads and cork letters (Making Memories, Chloe's Closet) and the sentiment is Hero Arts CL139.

Thanks for looking and thanks, Dad, for all you have been to me - Happy Birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...