Sunday, November 20, 2011

Returning to Thanksgiving....with some "oldies"

So many of my blogging buddies have long since completed their Thanksgiving cards and are well on their way to Christmas cards, but not this girl! So, this week there will be more Thanksgiving cards.

This simple card uses one of my all-time favorite old (from the year 2000!) Stampin' Up sets called "A Harvest Hello". It is just so cheery and cute.

I put the scarecrow together on parchment paper with some photo corner punches (Paper Shapers), a rickety fence punch (Martha Stewart that I got for 70% off on Halloween at Michael's!) and a distressed Spellbinders die cut for the sentiment. I used some patterned paper, bling and a button from my stash to complete the look. Not an award-winner, but I sure like him!

The next card uses another of my favorite older fall stamps, this time from Inkadinkado (90797-K).  I simply colored the image with Copics, highlighted it with Stickles, and matted it onto a kraft card base with Spellbinders used with patterned paper.

The bright button and hand-dyed silk ribbon are from my stash. Easy, simple and sweet.

Sometimes getting out the old favorites is fun...keep this quote from Betty Friedan in mind today: Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.

Thanks for looking! Have a great week. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...