Friday, January 27, 2012

Rallying to a Hoot for Help!

One of my cardmaking sisters over at the Hero Arts Flickr group, Martha, reached out for some help in providing some cards for the folks at a rehab center/nursing home where her mom is recovering from a fall. She was so taken by the sadness that she saw there and wanted to do something special. What a special lady, eh? Well, many of us rallied to the cause and offered to provide her with some handmade cards. If you would like to help, check it out here.

I chose a cute image that would work for both the ladies and the gents. Keeping with the "white space" theme that I used the other day, I cranked out the old Cuttlebug and went to town. I made eight different cards using two different embossing plates and lots of different Copic colors (Whooo said that owls need to be brown?). I added some googly eyes (you know I love them!) and some glitter to bring some extra smiles.

The owl is Hero Arts "Big Hoot" (D5217) and I also used Hero Arts "Heart" (A150 - an oldie, but a goodie from 1985!) to embellish the inside and the envelopes. The perfect sentiment is from Stampendous (E269, "Owl Thinking"). some punched hearts give some added dimension.

My heart goes out to all of our older folks - we need to remember to share our love with them. Thanks, Martha, for this gentle reminder. And my best wishes to Martha's mom for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for looking and Owl be thinking of you - have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...