Monday, February 27, 2012

Such Sweet Inspiration!

A dear blogger buddy, Virginia Lu, has been offering up lots of inspiration for a long time. Her blog has lots of beautiful cards, nifty ideas, funny family stories and lovely photographs. Now it is official - she is on the Design Team at the wonderful Lily Pad Cards. There she offers up a monthly challenge called "Virginia's View". Check it out!


This moth's inspiration for her challenge is this lovely photograph. Aren't the colors great? Love them! In addition, this optional sketch was also provided. This was such a fun inspiration.

I used my all-time ever favorite cupcake stamp, Hero Arts F5495. It is so versatile! I love to use it for paper piecing, layering, and all sorts of fun stuff. Here, I coupled it with a sentiment from Hero Arts CL139, a dotted Swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder, an eksucess edger punch and some colorful buttons from my stash. What a bright and happy card, eh? Thanks, Virginia!









It was a glorious weekend in the Napa Valley! I just love our little "Hideaway". We swim in the warm mineral water, relax (no phones, no t.v. and no internet!), ride bikes and just enjoy the beauty. Thanks to you all for all your good wishes - my post-op recovery is going so well. I'm even back in the pool! Thanks for checking in and have a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...