Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lockhart Stamp Company

Before I head out of town for a few days I want to share with you about an amazing class that I took last weekend. Do you know Lockhart Stamps? I have loved them for a few years - the designs are so sweet, simple and fun to color. And, the company is right here in northern California! Check it out - the website is very cool.

When I heard that my "local" scrapbook store was hosting Karen Lockhart to teach an introduction to color pencils class I was jumping with excitement. Not only is Karen a wonderful artist and designer, she is a great & really fun gal. She uses Prisma Pencils, which I have used extensively since high school.

Karen taught us some amazing coloring techniques, including laying down multiple layers of gradients of color. These cherries have four layers of color, starting with sand and a very pale pink and ending with a deep Tuscan red. There are some great Tips and Techniques on her website.

With this image I wanted to keep the card clean and simple. The gingham is for the current challenge at Moxie Fab World and the cherries are for the Sweet Tooth challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

I'm heading out for a few days - sorry, no blogging or comments on your lovely work. Take care!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...