Saturday, March 23, 2013

2 fer 2

I am usually not around on weekends, but I'm simultaneously taking two amazing online card classes - Lisa's Studio Calico "You've Got Mail" and Jennifer and Kristina's "Pattern Play". For these two cards I used lessons and techniques from BOTH classes.

I used Shari Carroll's lesson and inspiration (You've Got Mail) to incorporate banners and letter tiles in different layers and Jennifer's (Day 4, Pattern Play) tips on altering patterned paper for these two cards. I was having so much fun that I couldn't stop at only one. For more details, you'll need to take the classes - both are fantastic!

I tried to keep the softness of the colors in the papers (My Mind's Eye, The Sweetest Thing) by toning things (including the bright pink plastic letters) down with my Copic pens. The layered banner on the first card is Spellbinders Basics Banners Three.

 

For this birthday card for my elephant-loving niece I used some enamel dots that coordinate with the patterned paper - I am struggling with random placement of these things! "Random" is not consistent with my need to control!

I also used Hero Arts CL382, Die-Manics Mini-Pennant dies, October Afternoon (Mini-Market Cream & Red) letter stickers and a Viva Pearl Pen.

I hope you are having a glorious weekend! Now that I am almost caught up on my homework I may get to go out and play in the sunshine! I also have an "in person" card class this weekend - eeek!

Thanks for checking in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...