Friday, November 13, 2015

No Lines to Stay Within!

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies!
My quest to loosen up a little and not be so controlled in my designs continues. I recently took a class at my LSS (The Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, CA) where we learned to watercolor with Distress markers and Wink of Stella pens with "lifeless" stamping. Very fun, but also tricky.

I have been practicing. This card uses a beautiful stamp (perhaps a Magnolia?) by Impression Obsession. The flower was done with a Scattered Straw Distress marker and the Wink of Stella (clear) provided the liquid for the watercoloring. The background is a Bundled Sage marker used with a water brush for a soft watercolor finish.

The mat color is a dark green - it is increasingly difficult to find some natural light for photos this time of year. The sentiment is an older one from Hero Arts and I double-punched it out with a punch from Stamping Up.

This is going into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is "Thinking of You".  And, in keeping with Jennifer McGuire's current campaign to "Share Handmade Kindness", this is going into the mail to someone special tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the visit outside of my comfort zone and have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...