Monday, November 9, 2015

ZUMBA!

Happy Monday, Blogging Buddies!

I am a fan of Zumba. As one who loves to dance and hates to exercise, it is just perfect for me. I can become exhausted and work up a huge sweat without realizing it because I am having so much fun. If you have never tried it, I recommend it.

Why am I telling you this? This week's Share Handmade Kindness Challenge at Jennifer McGuire's blog is "Community" and we are to share with someone who works/serves in our community.

I decided to give a special thank you to our sweet Zumba instructor, Summer. I made a card inspired by one I did months ago in a class at the Paper Garden Boutique in Sacramento taught by the amazing Julie Ebersole. I especially like it because we are celebrating some terrific and much-needed rain here in northern California.

I used a Memory Box die to cut some watercolor paper that I had painted with my Gansai Tambi paints and textured with a Tim Holtz stencil. I die cut (Essentials by Ellen) some stars and attached them with some twine. All good.

Even better is that I used the other portion of the paper to create another card which I can give to a special lady who works the desk at our gym!

Think about someone who is in your life who could use a little handmade kindness and get busy!

Have a great week, thanks for the visit and Zumba on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...