Thursday, April 14, 2016

Color Burst

Howdy, Bloggin' Buddies!

I've been playing with my long-neglected Color Bursts. They are very intense watercolor powders that almost explode with vibrant colors when wet. I used them on some wet watercolor paper, sprinkling the color on very lightly, to make some fun backgrounds. The color pack I used is called Caribbean Brights. And bright they are!

I added some sprinkles of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine and a shiny gold die cut which I made using the Poppystamps "Mod Flower Border" die. I believe it may be retired, but I was able to find one.

The gold-embossed (Hero Arts Powder) sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp set called "Banner Sayings". It is paired with a banner die which I did not use today.

The beautiful gold cardstock is one that I got at my LSS in Sacramento, Paper Garden Boutique. A delightful place!

This is a fun technique with a great product, but shellack of control is a little difficult for me. I guess I need to work on that!

I hope you are having a great week - I see the weekend from here. Thanks for the visit.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...