Monday, June 13, 2016

Mix It Up Monday!

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I made this card for the current "Mix It Up" Challenge at Essentials by Ellen's "the Classroom". We are to use products by Essentials by Ellen and Technique Tuesday. So, I broke out my all-tame favorite Mondo Magnolia stamp and matching dies.

As an aside, I was having such difficulty aligning the flower center die onto my image - it was so frustrating! When I recently took a class from the super-amazing Julie Ebersole (who designed this set and many others for Ellen), I mentioned it to her. She suggested die-cutting first, then stamping the center onto it. By gosh, it worked like a dream and I am a happy gal. Yay, Julie!

I used watercolor paper and Wink of Luna. The center is heat embossed and embellished with some "Prims" (sounds very British! - something I felt I had to buy when I tried them in a class and they haven't been used). I kind of curled the flower.

The background is spattered with some Heidi Swapp gold to go with the amazing foiled paper I used for the sentiment. The sentiment is "Missing You" by Technique Tuesday.

I love the elegance of this card! Thanks for the sweet visit and have a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...