Thursday, July 28, 2016

Aloha Spirit

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies!

It is so hat here that I decided a little bit of Aloha - and I've been wanting to play with the new Hero Arts Pineapple Layering Stampset. To be honest, it takes a little bit of creativity to figure out the best way to die-cut the images since the tops and bottoms of the pineapple are stamped separately. There are several different approaches. I chose to stamp and cut the 2 pieces independently and then put them together.

For this card I was inspired by one by this one by Nichol Spohr. I used a "smooshed" background (as per the amazing Laura Bassen) and I "grounded" the fruit with a "Geo-Graphic" border by Paper Smooches. I added some bling and decided not to add a sentiment.

The layering on the set was such fun, especially with my Misti!

I tried using my phone for the photo - not quite as good as my camera, but lots easier!

I am submitting this to Simon Says Stamp "Work it Wednesday" Blog. There is plenty of time for you to join in.

Wishing you a sunny day and thanks for the visit,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...