Monday, April 9, 2018

My Hero (Arts)

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Hero Arts, in my native San Francisco Bay Area, is the first official stamp company that I used as a source of stamps and inspiration. I started stamping in the late 1960's when there were really not many main-stream stamp companies, so I used old office and business stamps in creative ways for my cards.

But, then I found Hero Arts and I was delighted. I  have such a wonderful history with this fine company. Not only is it creative, it is environmentally friendly and their products are made in America. I'm currently crazy about all the layering stamps sets - I think I own them all.

I have purchased, traded, borrowed and bought so many Hero Arts products over the years. Even though I periodically go through my stamps to purge and update (especially wood-mounted stamps for storage issues and because I'm a MISTI user) there are some Hero Arts stamps that I will keep forever. And, even though I am not really a "flower person", this (Sillhouette Flower CG105, cling) is one of those stamps. I like it because it is so versatile - there are many techniques that work well with it. In addition, it can be used for many different occasions. I added some Nuvo Drops to the centers of the flowers. Simple, yet unique.

I plan to enter this into the "A Blog Named Hero" current challenge, which is "Use your favorite Hero Arts product". That is a tough one, as there have been so many over the years.

Thanks to Hero Arts and thanks to your for the visit,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...