Thursday, April 26, 2018

What's to Celebrate?

SPRING, my dear Bloggin' Buddies!

I see it on the horizon, too. I made this card for my sweet 97-year old Aunt who lives in Upstate New York. She is so sick of winter and her very favorite color is yellow. She seriously celebrities Spring, and will this year, especially with the weather that she's had.

I took advantage of the current challenge at the Creativity Meets C9 blog which is "Spring". I love using stencils, but I honestly wasn't too sure about using this "Flora Fill-In Set" with coordinating Patterned Paper - mainly because the paper is pre-printed. I wan't sure how it would come together. But, I figured that Concord & 9th has never let me down and they have some of the most inovative products on the market, so why not give it as shot?

I am so pleasantly surprised! I love the elegant softness of this card. I wasn't going for bright and flashy, so I used Distress Oxide inks to stencil over the paper. I love how it looks over the grey shades.  I popped-up a few of the images to add some dimension and picked up the grey tones with the die-cut ovals and added sunshine-colored sequins. My sentiment is from a set called "Birthday Stacks Stamp Set", which is so versatile - I can't wait to play with it further.

If this doesn't usher in Spring, I sure don't know what will.

Thanks for the visit and I hope Spring happens soon wherever you are,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...